Thursday, June 25, 2009
Here's six tips to help you make your book, product, cd, service relevant for Television Publicity
- Create tips sheets regularly that are relevant to your ideal television show, piggybacks on your product or service and is timely. These tips sheets can be used as segments for talk shows. (i. e. 5 Clues your Daughter may be in an Abusive Teen Relationship for The Tyra Banks Show as a feedback comment for the Chris Brown Assault Case(Rhianna)
- Be prepared. Make sure you have an easily accessible EPK and social media release available that includes your tip sheet, an audio and video of you speaking on the subject. Your pr specialists can build that information for you or you can take my D-I-Y course for a fraction of the cost.)
- Be giving. In your presentation make sure that you are transparent and giving. Television producers want to know you care about the show. Make it easy for them. Don't present you to them as if your main goal is to hock your book. Be your best self.
- If your book has been out for a while, find a way to tie your book into what's going on right now.
- Watch the show. Know the show. Be familiar with the format. Study the guests who have been on the show. Decide before you pitch whether this show is for you.
- Take the free media training courses your pr specialist sets up for you. He or she wants you to shine. She is not successful if you aren't successful. Trust the relationship you two have together and sign up for the coaching.